Do you ever find yourself thinking about donkeys? We have had donkeys in our life for five years now and well it’s hard to remember life without a horse and a couple of donkeys, they are indeed part of our family.
Why Donkeys? Perhaps GOD understood before I did the importance of donkeys in our life as our donkeys are part of our family now. I have always been a human that likes to learn, digs for information, steps out of the box to try new things and I am naturally creative. Thank you Jesus! The human brain is indeed one of the most important organs GOD gave us.
Why are donkeys so special? Well they are usually not always but usually more relaxed than the horse and well kinda like a black lab they just want to be loved on, they want to eat, they want to snuggle with their human. The donkey loves to play tug with their four-legged donkey buddy. Donkeys love to jump up and grab the neck of their donkey buddy. Donkeys are donkeys!
What Do Donkeys Need To Stay Healthy?
1. Clean water fresh water, diet, low sugar and low protein hay Never feed donkeys alfalfa hay ever
2. Taming – Donkeys need their hooves picked out daily and their feet trimmed at least every 7 weeks
3. Donkeys need the vet to come and see them at least once a year
4. Donkeys need their teeth checked at least once a year
5. Donkeys need us humans to check for sores, lice, or a limp – Watch your donkey learn how they move so you can catch problems quickly
6. Donkeys need clean fresh water every day and in the winter warm water, Donkeys need lose salt and a salt brick
7. Donkeys need shelter from the weather
8. Donkeys need their human to be on time with meals – My donkeys hardly ever bray as they can depend on us to bring their meals, they do not need to remind us ever
9. It is a myth to believe all donkeys bray all day long they don’t bray unless they are calling out to a donkey or they are upset about meals or something else like a predator coming into their pasture
10. Donkeys do not enjoy a bath, donkeys seem to not enjoy water even on the most warmest weather. Our donkeys get one bath a year and I hand wash their face just like my horse, never spray a donkey with a hose in the face
11. Donkeys ears can be broken and not stand up so be careful when touching them
12. Donkeys can grow lot’s of thick donkey fur for the winter
13. Donkeys are looking for a great human leader who will take the time it takes, donkeys are visual learners
14. Donkeys can hear things way sooner than the horse
15. Last but final tip about donkeys; never ever drill a donkey, less is more and remember Donkeys never forget anything – Be careful what and how you train your donkey
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!