Currently helping Alf the mini baby donkey’s human partner Rannveig all the way from Norway for free, my gift to give back and share information to help the donkey have a great life. Hmm the power of the internet to be able to share free information to help people understand how to best care for their beloved and sweet donkeys. Please remember a donkey is not a horse with long ears. A donkey is a donkey and we need to adapt to the training of a donkey as donkeys are always on donkey time. :)
I am excited to share that Alf is now a Parelli donkey as his human is learning Parelli and is waiting for the rope halter, carrot stick and lead line to be delivered. I am not authorized to teach Parelli as I am just a student I share why Parelli works for donkeys, horses and mules. Go to http://www.Parelli.com to learn more. I highly suggest the rope halter, carrot stick and lead line. Learn the 7 games and learn the personality of your donkey. Here is the link for 30 days free training from Parelli.
Training tip for young donkeys - Remember to be careful around the ears as they can break and not stand up.
Baby donkeys are like human children they have very short attention spans. They are going to learn from the human exactly what the human teaches. First thing to teach the donkey is to not be afraid of the human. Safety is always important for the human so have a plan.
2. Keep training sessions short 15-20 minutes and always end the session with something the donkey loves to do. Kisses, massages, a bite of grass on the other side of the fence.
3. Please don’t beat your donkey use your voice and say NO when they do something wrong. Use your hands by snapping fingers, clapping or waving with the correct timing for incorrect social skill. Remember how hard it is to learn from a nasty teacher who is mean and not patient.
4. The donkey needs us humans to slow everything way down.
5. Training a donkey is a bit like fishing you may have a fish on the line – you may see the donkey learn or not. Who cares enjoy your donkey and remember a donkey is Not a horse with long ears.
6. A donkey is a donkey they are deep thinkers. The human has to be on donkey time and not take things so seriously when working with the donkey.
Please love and appreciate your donkey as each donkey is indeed a gift from GOD. Remember your donkey did not choose you, you chose the donkey, you are responsible for teaching your donkey social skills, picking up the foot, whoaa, walk-0n, hoof trimming every 7 weeks, vet and dentist is essential to optimum health of your donkey.
Notice the cross on Alf”s back
Alf (mini donkey) with Rannveig all the way from Norway
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!