How Do We Know When To Blanket?
My Thoughts and Ideas
* If you see your donkey, horse or mule shaking/shivering by all means get a blanket on them something is not right they need help
* Any equine who is sick just had surgery needs a blanket on until they are well again
* Anytime we move into the twenties I blanket at night and I check the blanket every day, remove for a few hours if it warms up during the day giving them a chance to roll
* Just like people older equine get arthritis and need a bit of help a blanket will help
* Babys born in the winter need a blanket
* Donkeys, horses and mules enjoy warm water so look into a heated water system just make sure they cant bite the cord
* A little extra hay helps keep them warm
* Shelter is a must for all equine, donkeys that stand in the damp cold and have no shelter can get really sick
* Remember blanketing when it is too warm is not good either as they can over heat 🙂 Talk to your vet about blanketing before old man winter comes to your farm
Please Make Sure Your Blankets Fit before the weather is too dangerous to get stuff shipped or drive to pickup.
Any thoughts or suggestions to help others is much appreciated, please leave a comment.
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!