For those of you who have been following my blog since 2010 you know how hard I have worked to create my new business Donkey Whisperer Farm, LLC. I try really hard to help people, pray and inspire people and yet I have found some pretty amazing things out about complete strangers especially on FB.
Seems no matter the post, or even just a photo I share their is always a few negative comments, attacks. Your photo is not straight, I took it with my cell phone. I do not like your rules. I have a group named ON DONKEY TIME on FB, Secret group now. Rules are always given before entering my FB group named On Donkey Time.
The photography group I was in did not remove the attacker so I left the group. Groups need rules and negative people who attack should be shown the barn door. When people attack me or members on my group they are removed. Oh the peace when the trolls are gone.
Select Negative People Hate Success to read another blog’s approach on this issue.
Copied from the blog above
“The form of the harm can be much more complicated too. People can incorrectly take a comment you make out of context (which in some states could potentially be ground for a false light claim); they can share hurtful opinions (which are generally protected speech under defamation law); or expose a truth that is less than flattering to you (a statement isn’t defamatory if true).”
It’s never fun, no matter what, when someone is negative about something that makes you happy, proud, or excited. But along with death and taxes, it’s a given in our society. Here are some more ideas on how to handle the haters:
- Don’t engage. This is the simplest, most straightforward, and easy way to subtly say “no thanks,” to negative people. They can be all pouty, mopey, angry, etc etc all they want, but you are having no part of it. Offer a smile, shrug, and move on to better things.
- Remember that personal attacks aren’t always so personal. Again, negative people can lash out, be critical, or downright mean because it’s simply the path of least resistance for those emotions. It’s much easier to be mad at the world than to look inward, find the problems there, then take appropriate action to reach a solution.
- Be in charge of your own positivity. The easiest way to let negative people get to you is by putting too much value into their opinions and not enough into your own. You don’t need outside validation for everything you create, every goal you make, or every success you enjoy. If you need feedback, it’s best to get it from someone you know is honest – and happy with themselves, as well. This way, you can get any constructive criticism you may need, but without the bite of hatefulness that will come from someone only too eager to point out the weaknesses of others.
And if you find you’re the negative person? It’s okay. Honestly. But it’s time to understand that you are powerful, capable, and strong. Here’s how to focus on the positive and leave your negativity, hate, and anger behind:
- Take action. You are in charge here. You can make the change you want to see in your own life. Yes, it may be hard – it may be really hard – and you might fail before you succeed. But keep at it! If Plan A didn’t work, think of a new approach and try Plan B. Believe in yourself and start putting one foot in front of the other.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positivity is contagious! Catch a little for yourself by seeking out positive, driven, motivated, and inspired individuals. Be happy for them when they find success – and enjoy how good it feels when others are happy for you when you are successful.
- Be grateful. It’s so easy to get caught up in what’s wrong or bad in life. But you’re missing out on all the good that’s happening around you – it’s like you’ve got blinders on and you can only see the negatives. So take a moment every day to be grateful for what you do have, where you have been successful, and for what’s going right.
Why Do People Attack Others On Social Media?
Well it’s easy, to get angry with someone you do not know and try to make them feel bad as there is no accountability. Doubt people would talk the way they do to others from behind their computer face to face. “Our world is becoming more and more disconnected from social interactions, fb, and the other social networks as they make it feel like you are connected to the outside world but really nothing is the same as being in a relationship with a living human or animal.” Hiding behind electronics and beating another human up for trying to start a business is really sad.”
Do these insults bother me?
No they do not, I look to JESUS CHRIST my Lord and Savior for my self-esteem, I continue to try to make the world a better place for donkeys, horses and mules. I pray for the people who are so negative they must beat up others on social media and keep pressing towards my goal of building my business Donkey Whisperer Farm, LLC. I continue to thank GOD I can talk, think, write and use my brain and not be negative. So much nicer to pay it forward then tear another down. I seriously feel sorry for people who do this.
My advice to you if you encounter this?
Walk away from trolls, yes I said trolls as these are people who work all day to destroy anything good in the world. Their job is to make you feel sad, cry and miserable. What they don’t understand is no one has this power over another human. I must give the power of my self-esteem away and I will never do this. I am a child of Jesus Christ. I am grateful GOD has given me the ability to withstand all I have survived. I pray for the negative people in our world who make bad comments about a photo that we share oh it’s not straight or its this or that. Really, find another way to make yourself powerful other than putting another person down.
How to handle attacks on social media?
Sharing on social media is no fun when no rules are in place, make sure you are on a group that has rules.
Make sure if you join a group you have good administrators who remove trolls and stop attacks. If you have no rules the trolls will destroy anything positive and pretty soon they are the only ones talking on the group as the rest of the group is afraid of them.
Enjoy life, stay On Donkey Time, my business logo where life is slow and relaxed, like On Beach Time.
I have a few hand-made art metal ON DONKEY TIME signs available for sale. Select our store to learn how to order and prices. After these are sold I am not contracting out with the artist to make any more. 🙂
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!
Melody Johnson, owner of Donkey Whisperer Farm, LLC