We are all about donkeys
Donkey Whisperer Farm is all about donkeys! We celebrate, educate and promote these magnificent and intelligent beings. We are dedicated to building public awareness about equine personality, behavior and are deeply invested in educating and empowering you with safe, holistic, resistance-free training methods that foster a strong bond between you and your equine. The Donkey Whisperer Farm is home to one Mammoth donkey, two standard donkeys, three miniature donkeys and two horses.
I ride my Mammoth donkey Rio Johnson, 16’2 with no bit and no spurs. He is trained by me with words and touch, my legs and hands.
I am the voice for the most humble and smartest equine the donkey. Donkeys evolved from the desert. Donkeys are deep thinkers, donkeys never forget anything good or bad ever. God created the donkey to be smart and humble, not stubborn. People who bully the donkey are frustrated as they do not understand the donkeys intelligence, ability to survive. Self-preservation is number one to the donkey.
A Few Things To Think About
The donkey can carry no more than 20% of the weight of the donkey.
The donkey bucks and fights as the weight is way too heavy. The seat is not in the correct position as would be for a horse. Or the donkey is scared to death. Fight or Flight just like humans.
Dragging the donkey by the face. All of my donkeys walk next to me, stand for the farrier, send into the stall and turn around to get the halter off.
Making the donkey buck, fall down and fear humans is very difficult to repair. Trust is easy to destroy and in some cases can never be earned again with a donkey.
Most Donkey Basketball events are for fundraising at public schools. I guess bullying is funny as long as it is against the most humble donkey.
Advocates of Donkey Basketball:
- The donkeys are cared for and well fed, only the best for the donkey.
2. The donkey is not going to slaughter.
What A Donkey Needs:
- Treat me with respect and dignity, do not let people pull on my face and have me in a loud noise situation, I do not like chaos.
- Weight limits apply to donkeys as they do horses.
- Ride us in the correct place not on the neck, rear etc, the same as a horse.
- When we are kicking and running away it means we are not having fun!
- When we stop moving our feet or lay down we are scared to death. This does not mean we are stubborn.
Melody Johnson, Donkey Whisperer Farm
Select OUR STORE