1. Most important – Please don’t beat me or punish me for being slow and not moving fast enough unlike the horse I can think all the time. If I over react understand I am stressed.
2. I enjoy being talked to, brushed and loved on when I am sure you will not hurt me. I will not eat if stressed. I am a donkey, donkeys are seriously into self-preservation.
3. I learn different from the horse I am a visual learner. I learn by watching from an honor horse, mule or another honor donkey or you doing something with me standing and watching at a safe distance. Please walk away from me with scary new things and let me come to you on my time I am scared of new things and need you to slow down.
4. I prefer clean water, warm water in the winter and low sugar, protein hay as I gain weight fast I was created to live in the desert.
5. I am really smart please do not leave me all alone, give me a companion I prefer a donkey but will take a horse or mule.
6. I need my hooves trimmed just like the horse.
7. I need my teeth taken care of just like the horse. I need a vet check once a year.
8. Please feed me at least two small meals a day when I am on a dry pasture and never feed me alfalfa hay or grass clippings.
9. I like to play with toys, orange traffic cone, feed bowl or jolly ball I am smart and get bored easy just like you.
10. I am special GOD gave me a cross on my back and I am the only animal in the bible GOD gave the ability to talk.
Stay On Donkey Time ®
GOD bless you and your family two and four-legged!