1. Most important – Please don’t beat me or punish me for being slow and not moving fast enough unlike the horse I can think all the time. If I over react understand I am stressed.
2. I enjoy being talked to, brushed and loved on when I am sure you will not hurt me. I will not eat if stressed. I am a donkey, donkeys are seriously into self-preservation.
3. I learn different from the horse I am a visual learner. I learn by watching from an honor horse, mule or another honor donkey or you doing something with me standing and watching at a safe distance. Please walk away from me with scary new things and let me come to you on my time I am scared of new things and need you to slow down.
4. I prefer clean water, warm water in the winter and low sugar, protein hay as I gain weight fast I was created to live in the desert.
5. I am really smart please do not leave me all alone, give me a companion I prefer a donkey but will take a horse or mule.
6. I need my hooves trimmed just like the horse.
7. I need my teeth taken care of just like the horse. I need a vet check once a year.
8. Please feed me at least two small meals a day when I am on a dry pasture and never feed me alfalfa hay or grass clippings.
9. I like to play with toys, orange traffic cone, feed bowl or jolly ball I am smart and get bored easy just like you.
10. I am special GOD gave me a cross on my back and I am the only animal in the bible GOD gave the ability to talk.
Donkey Whisperer Farm ® is all about donkeys! We celebrate, educate and promote these magnificent and intelligent beings. We are dedicated to building public awareness about equine personality, behavior and are deeply invested in educating and empowering you with safe, holistic, resistance-free training methods that foster a strong bond between you and your equine.
Melody Johnson, Donkey Whisperer Farm ® Trainer is an expert in donkey behavior modification. Melody trains the owner or caretaker to train the donkey via Donkey 101 & 102 Video On Demand worldwide. Take Melody Johnson to the farm with you using any smart phone or device. Speed Up Your Training Time!
The Donkey Whisperer Farm ® trains the owner or caretaker how to train the donkey. All videos are sold with lifetime access and a booklet (pdf).
Learn how to put the halter and lead line on with peace and harmony. These exercises create trust and relaxation for both the donkey and the human.
Teach the donkey to stand for the farrier and pick up the feet with no kick or fight.
Say the word foot and the donkey picks up the foot.
Stop the donkey from biting, nipping and swinging the head into me.
Stop the donkey from dragging the human or bolting.
Watch Our Free Video “Bringing The Donkey Home”
Take Melody Johnson to the farm via any smart device. Printout our book attached to each training video. Stay On Donkey Time ® as donkeys cannot be forced to do anything. We cannot bribe a donkey and we cannot punish a donkey to follow us. The donkey must form a relationship with the human and most of all the donkey must trust us at all times. Never abuse a donkey, never betray a donkey. Learn how to be a fair leader 100% of the time you are with your donkey. If you see another human hurting your donkey or animal stop it. If your donkey watches you do nothing over pain and abuse the donkey will deem you unworthy to be a leader. The leader steps in and stops pain. Pain is ineffective in training animals and humans. Pain teaches to never trust. We want trust 100% of the time we are with our donkey. Trust is earned.
“Horses dream of being trained the way a donkey demands to be trained” Melody Johnson, Donkey Whisperer Farm ®.
Donkey 102 video on demand trains the owner or caretaker how to problem solve and train the donkey. Donkey 102 teaches you the owner or caretaker how to use the stick and string (fiberglass leather tip) to touch the donkey never hurt the donkey. A tap to keep on when walking, a wiggle to stop the bolt, desensitizing to prepare for the farrier and more. This stick is a must have for your shelter and farm. Seriously an extension of your arm. 🙂
ON DONKEY TIME ® is our business logo! Stay calm, have a plan and be a fair leader. Never betray a donkey. Never drill a donkey. Do not bring a trainer into your farm or send your donkey to a trainer unless they have studied Donkey 101 & 102 and will never abuse or give pain to your donkey.
Donkeys follow the human they trust and respect. Trust is earned and proven. This is the person who lives on the farm, picks up poop, feeds and cares for the donkey(s).
Sadly donkeys who have no social skills are at high risk for re-sale and meat buyers. Please take the time to learn how to train your donkey. Peace and harmony are guaranteed to come back to the farm. It’s all about the human. Preparation is the key to training a donkey. Donkeys learn at the release of pressure not from pain. The donkey has trained the human. Some donkeys are rescue donkeys meaning they have met the worst kind of human. Donkeys have photographic memories. Donkeys never forget good or bad. Fixing a donkeys that has been abused will take Donkey 101 and Donkey 102 and time. No donkey is a throw away donkey.
Stay ON DONKEY TIME ® never drill or stress your donkey out. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Select OUR STORE to look at our Donkey Sot Yacht Rope Halter/Lead Lines. Donkey Tack.
Miniature Donkey Halter With Matching Lead Line Is Made With Quality Soft Yacht Rope, A Brass Screw On Snap, Leather End. Miniature Donkey Halter is adjustable from age 4 months to full-grown. Soft Yacht Rope Will Never Mold Or Frail Wash In A Bucket Of Warm Soapy Water And Let Dry. Sold With A Lifetime Warranty.