Donkey Whisperer Farm is all about donkeys! We celebrate, educate and promote these magnificent and intelligent beings. We are dedicated to building public awareness about equine personality, behavior and are deeply invested in educating and empowering you with safe, holistic, resistance-free training methods that foster a strong bond between you and your equine.
Donkeys who cannot come when called, pick up the foot, bite, kick are at risk for re-sale. Meat Buyers are waiting at sales. Please take the time to train your donkey. Your training will last a lifetime.
Melody, I saw a video from large Donkey Rescue Organization using fence panel to tame donkey. What do you think of this technique? Tina, OK.
Tina, I have seen the video. 😦 Humans and Animals cannot learn when under the flight response. The donkey in the video is dangerous due to the flight response and being locked in the fence panel. The human is afraid for good reason. This is not the way to teach the donkey to trust the human.
Donkeys have photographic memories. Every time we step into our donkeys world we are teaching something. Good or bad we are teachers.
Attempting to teach any human or animal when scared is impossible. The brain must be calm in order to learn. For humans and animals.
I prefer to train my students to learn donkey behavior, personality, signs of stress and relaxation and how to set the donkey(s) up to learn and for success.
Learn how to keep the donkey calm and stop the pressure before the donkey is pushed into the stress zone of fighting or withdrawing depending on the personality.
Donkey Personality Introverted donkeys when pushed will lay down. Extroverts will rear, bite and kick. Both introverted and extroverted donkeys can stop moving their feet when stressed. The eyes are glazed over as they have checked out for a while.
Never betray a donkey, never ever hurt a donkey in any way. Never let a donkey see you the human leader watch while a human or animal hurts the donkey. The donkey will deem the human who did not stop the pain NOT A LEADER. Less is more; equine learn from the release of pressure. 🙂
Donkey 101 & 102 Video On Demand has exercises to do with the donkey for for fast results. Stay On Donkey Time ®.
Build a halter with lead line for any equine! Select OUR STORE to order.
Select special order, any color. Do you want 4 or 6 knots on the nose? No extra charge. 🙂
Soft yacht rope will never mold. Wash in a bucket of warm soapy water and let dry.
Mini donkey special order 6ft lead line – Build a halter for any equine
Standard donkey special order 9ft lead line – Build a halter lead line for any equine.
MAMMOTH donkey, mule, horse, draft equine special order 12ft lead line. Build a halter/lead line for any equine. Horse, donkey, mule, zonk, drafts.
Select the size of lead line you want and tell us you want to build a halter. We will send you the template to measure your donkey, mule or horses head after payment is received. All special order soft yacht rope halters are hand-made two days upon receiving your measurements. Select SS Screw on Brass Screw with a black leather end.
2. Never put the halter on your donkey without the lead line on. Placing the halter on without the lead line on is dangerous. Your donkey is depending on you to teach your donkey to follow you as a leader.
3. Training a donkey to ride is the last thing you should teach.
4. If you build a solid foundation your donkey will be your partner. Your donkey will follow your words and timing forever. Words, Whoa, Walk-On, Over, Foot, Back-up and Out.
5. Never think you have a trained donkey 100%. No such thing. Everyday is a day to learn and grow with your donkey. Learn Donkey Behavior and Personality. Learn how to control your energy, voice and emotions. Have a plan.
Donkeys can pretend to know nothing with a human who has limited knowledge to donkey personality and behavior traits.
6. Have a plan. Be consistent. Stay Calm. Stay On Donkey Time ®
7. Every moment you are with your donkey you are training your donkey. Your donkey is studying you.
8. Never Betray A Donkey. Never let anyone hurt your donkey. Be the leader your donkey needs to trust you.
9. You are the smart human. Work hard to show your donkey how smart you are.
10. Enjoy your donkey. Donkeys are gifts from God. Donkeys make us humans better people. 🙂 Stay On Donkey Time ®.