Select GOFUNDME Widow In Need
A little about my situation my husband and I ran a small home business (unfortunately under his Social Security account) until 2006 when he had a stroke. My dead husband had some recovery, my husband was older then me (I’m 52) so we lived comfortably off his retirement.
In 2009 I decided to take in special needs mini horses, I was not doing a rescue, these were minis that are my pets and I wanted to give them the best life I could no matter how long they would have. So I took care of the horses, donkeys and mules and my very sick husband.
In 2012 I found out I had lung cancer, I went through chemo and radiation, it was my husband and equine in need that kept me going through that year of hell.
In 2014 my husband’s health started to decline and he past away in November of 2014. I was already in depression from the lung cancer and my husbands death just pushed me further in depression.
Now all I have left in my life is my equine in need of special care, each has health issues.
Because I have been out of the work place for so long I am having a hard time getting a job. My husband (I am his fourth wife) we were together twenty-two years and legally married for seventeen years. Sadly, he left everything to his kids and I am to young to get widow’s benefits, so I just need a little help to keep my animals until I get back on my feet.
I have been trying since my husband’s passing been selling things so I can keep my equine. I have lost everything I don’t want to lose my donkeys and horses.
I have seven mini horses, two mini donkeys and two standard horses. Each has special needs that make them unbreedable, so I have them to make sure they are not bred or sent to slaughter most are under 30″. These equine are my only family.
Please help me so I do not lose my family!
Cost to keep my equine family:
A bale of low sugar/protene hay is $21.95 a bale, a fifty pound bag of grain is $13.99 and senior feed is $16.99 for fifty pounds. Lamentic equine require special diets and hay is more expensive.
My farrier is wonderful she trims everyone every 10 weeks for $200 for eleven equine.
1) tinky palomino 28″ tall 10 yrs old bad underbite- extra dental visits
2) lily red/white pinto 28″ 9 yrs old curved back legs and have trouble keeping weight
3) Destiny bay/appy 30″ 7 yrs old-auction baby senitive digestion issues and a inside deformed shoulder she has a permanent limp and is on anti-inflamatory meds when they stop helping she will need injections in her shoulder
4)Rosie bay pinto 29″ tall 14 yrs old – she was abused consistly kept pregnant, the foal she had right before I got her was dead in the field, she was malnourished and full of lice
5) Buttercup chestnut 25.5″ 8 years old has dwarfism bad bent back legs
6) Dolly grulla pinto 26.5″ 9 yrs old has dwarfism
7) LG black/white pinto 28″ he is gelded and has teeth problems and peridonial diease
8) Lolita 29″ spotted donkey 5 yrs old bad underbite unbreedable
9)George 34″ gelding 8 yrs old he was headed off to the auction
10) Ike 24 yr old gelding with cushings and really skinny when I got him
11) Lady 23 yr old arthritis